- The National Association of Home Builders is sponsoring, “Close to Home: A Symposium on Workforce Housing,” Dec. 8, in Washington, D.C. Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alphonso Jackson, Freddie Mac CEO Richard Syron, NAHB President Bobby Rayburn, and Nicolas Retsinas, director of the Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies, are among the event speakers.
- The latest installment of Inman News‘ audio conference series will take place Dec. 9, at 11 a.m. PST. The topic is “The progressive Realtor association,” featuring Bill Malkasian, president of the Wisconsin Realtor Association; Joel Singer, EVP of the California Association of Realtors; and Bob Hale, president and CEO of the Houston Association of Realtors. See the conference Web site for dial-in information. To become a member of Inman News, logon to the membership Web page.
- The sixth annual Mortgage EC Conference is slated for Dec. 6-7, in Las Vegas. The event will focus on eCommerce and Internet issues facing the mortgage industry.
- The New York Association of Realtors, New Jersey Association of Realtors and Pennsylvania Association of Realtors will host the 2004 Realtor Convention and Trade Expo, “Triple Play,” Dec. 7-9 in Atlantic City.
- The National Rural Housing Conference, organized by the Housing Assistance Council, is slated for Dec. 9-11, in Washington, D.C. The conference offers workshop, training, policy roundtables and networking opportunities for people interested in rural affordable housing.
Send tips or a Letter to the Editor to email@example.com or call (510) 658-9252, ext. 133.