- The “Online Real Estate Convention,” hosted by the Real Estate Cyber Space Society, kicks off Jan. 30-Feb. 5 on the World Wide Web. The event is free and loaded with online exhibits and speakers, including National Association of Realtors President Walt McDonald, and John Tuccillo, business consultant with JTA LLC and former NAR chief economist.
- Thompson Media will hold its “Mortgage Technology Conference,” Jan. 31-Feb. 1, in Miami. The event will focus on lender technology concerns in today’s purchase money market to increase productivity and lower costs.
- The Bond Market Association will hold the “Annual Legal & Compliance Conference,” Feb. 1-2, in New York. Event topics include proposals and new rules affecting capital markets, what’s ahead in 2005, legal issues resulting from the use of new technologies, and more.
- “Understanding and Using the Low-income Tax Credit,” is slated for Jan. 31-Feb.1 in Orlando, Fla. Author Joe Guggenheim will present basic information and the latest developments in the low-income housing tax credit program. Attendees may also choose to sign up for the second day’s program focusing on critical issues in securing and using tax credits and other financing in Florida, including the option to gain tax credits through tax-exempt financing.
- “Financial Links for Low-Income People,” is slated for Feb. 1 and Feb. 2, in Salem and Marion, Ill., respectively. The two events will inform nonprofit organizations and financial institutions about financial education funding and partnership opportunities.
Send tips or a Letter to the Editor to email@example.com or call (510) 658-9252, ext. 133.