- The seventh annual Mortgage EC Conference is slated for Dec. 5-6, at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas. The event focuses on e-commerce and Internet lending trends. Participants will get ideas for advancing their online mortgage operations.
- A congressional hearing, “Housing Options in the Aftermath of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita,” is slated for Dec. 8, in Washington, D.C. The House Financial Services Subcommittee on Housing and Community Opportunity will hold the hearing.
- Inman News will hold an audio conference, “Real Estate Technology in a Slowing Market,” on Dec. 8, at 11 a.m. PST. Listeners will take part in a discussion on the biggest technology innovations and what role technology and the Web play in a slowing real estate market.
- Green Roofs for Healthy Cities will host a one-day intensive introductory course in Chicago on Dec. 6. Attendees will learn how to determine major functions and components of a green roof, how to identify cost factors and more.
- On Dec. 7, at 2 p.m. EST, Local Initiatives Support Corporation will hold an online discussion for its Green Development Series, “The Nuts and Bolts of Green: Lessons Learned From the Ground Up.” Design and development experts from Atlanta and New York will discuss strategies for integrating the broad range of topics considered “green techniques” for cash-strapped affordable housing projects. Strategies will include working with architects, general contractors, subcontractors, local regulatory agencies, product vendors and funding sources.
Send tips or a Letter to the Editor to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 658-9252, ext. 133.