Real estate search site HotPads today announced the launch of "Election Foreclosure Maps" that displays foreclosure rates for congressional districts. These "heat" maps use color coding to show which districts have the highest rate of foreclosures (dark red) vs. the lowest number of foreclosures (light blue).
According to the site, the average foreclosure rate is 0.47 percent in Democratic districts and 0.51 percent in Republican districts, and the median foreclosure rate is 0.15 percent in Democratic and Republican districts.
The congressional districts with the highest rate of foreclosures are represented by:
- Dennis Cardoza, D-Stockton, Calif. (4.59 percent)
- Mary Bono Mack, R-Palm Springs, Calif. (4.51 percent)
- Jon Porter, R-Henderson, Nev., (4.45 percent)
The congressional districts with the lowest rate of foreclosures are represented by:
- Peter Welch, D-Burlington, Vt. (0.001 percent)
- Jerry Moran, R-Hays, Kan., (0.002 percent)
- Gene Taylor, D-Gulfport, Miss. (0.003 percent)
Foreclosure data company RealtyTrac supplies foreclosure information to Hotpads.com.
What’s your opinion? Leave your comments below or send a letter to the editor.