The nominations process is now closed for the 2011 edition of the Inman 100 list, which recognizes the top 100 most influential real estate leaders.
This annual list recognizes those who embody leadership, innovation, ingenuity, power and persistence — they are the industry’s best and brightest and also include those outside figures whose actions impact the business of buying and selling homes.
The Inman 100 report will be published Nov. 30. View the 2010 Inman 100 report: //www.inman.com/inman100.
The review and selection process
After considering nominations from Inman News readers, an Inman News review team — comprised of columnists, contributors, staff and managers — recommends finalists based on their actions and achievements in the past year. Participants in the Inman News review process assign numeric ratings and comments to finalists under consideration, and the list is narrowed based on those ratings and comments from all review team members.
An Inman 100 selection team, led by the Inman News editorial department, makes the final selections for the Inman 100 list. This selection team includes Inman News managers.
Among the criteria considered by the Inman News review and selection teams:
- Does this person have the power to change his or her real estate industry company on a daily basis?
- Does this person have the power to change other real estate companies on a daily basis?
- Does this person have the power to influence the industry as a whole?
- Has this person made decisions and taken action in the past year that created change within the industry?
- Does this person participate in boards, committees, organizations that create changes within the industry?
- Has this person been responsible for driving growth at his or her company in the past year?
- Does this person have the ability to influence regulatory and legislative decisions impacting the business of real estate?
- Has this person demonstrated the ability to influence public opinion within the real estate industry.
- Is this person in a position of power that can impact a significant share of real estate industry participants?
- Has this person been responsible for creating programs, services, technologies, etc., that have led to widespread changes in the industry?
- Has this person driven changes in the industry that are beneficial for real estate consumers and industry practitioners?
- Has this person launched initiatives in the past year that have been particularly impactful for the business of real estate?
- Does this person regularly capture the attention of other industry leaders and decision-makers?
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (510) 658-9252, ext. 137, with any questions about the nomination and selection process.