Treater, a mobile and social commerce platform that allows businesses and brands to engage customers with promotional offers, rewards and gifts, is the seventh company to be chosen for the National Association of Realtors’ “tech accelerator” program, REach.
Washington, D.C.-based Treater offers an app that lets users send “Treats” from their mobile phone, to be delivered by Facebook, email, Twitter or LinkedIn. Recipients can redeem their Treats with a mobile payment card at stores, restaurants or with online retailers.
Real estate agents use Treater to prospect for clients and stay in touch with existing ones, NAR said in announcing the company’s selection for the REach tech accelerator program.
“Realtors’ businesses are built on relationships, and Treater’s platform will help them enhance those relationships,” said REach Managing Director Constance Freedman in a statement.
Selected companies will benefit from exposure and guidance from a group of more than 140 mentors, feedback from about 500 Realtor product testers.
- Lumentus: a social media metrics provider that helps companies focus social media messaging on their brands and missions.
- Planwise: a financial planning service for individuals to visualize, via real-life scenarios, how major life events affect their financial future.
- Reach150: a referral platform that helps individuals manage their online reputations.
- Updater: a free online service consumers can use to easily manage a change-of-address.
- Workface: a live chat — via text, audio or video — software platform that facilitates one-on-one communication with a client in real-time at critical points in their decision-making process.