ListHub may have lost the Austin Board of Realtors and North Alabama MLS as clients, but three dozen MLSs have signed on in 2013 to distribute their listings through the company’s syndication platform — more than came on board in all of 2012.
With the addition of the 36 MLSs this year, more than 425 MLSs are managing syndication of listings to third-party sites like Zillow, Trulia and Homes.com using the Move Inc.-owned platform, the company said.
“We are extremely pleased with the continuing growth we have seen this year as a trusted provider of service to the industry,” said Luke Glass, general manager of ListHub, in a statement.
North Alabama MLS stopped syndicating its listings through ListHub in September, taking charge of the process itself with technology from Atlanta-based Bridge Interactive Group (BIG). MLS officials said taking charge of the distribution of listings to third-party sites will allow them to more closely manage where listings end up, improve their accuracy on other sites, and to negotiate deals directly with third-party portals that include provisions that benefit its members, such as ensuring that listing agents are prominently displayed on each of their listings.
BIG says more than 100 other MLSs and brokerage networks are looking at the company’s direct syndication platform, MLS Direct Syndication. The Aspen-Glenwood Springs MLS, a 940-member MLS in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, has also signed up to use BIG’s syndication platform, but continues to use ListHub to distribute listings to third-party sites.
In late September, the Austin (Texas) Board of Realtors (ABoR) voted to stop sending its data to ListHub, citing “business practices that are not consistent with” a Realtor code of ethics published by the National Association of Realtors, and accuracy issues on consumer websites not affiliated with a Realtor trade group.
The Houston Association of Realtors, which operates one of the most popular MLSs in the U.S., took the opposite tack, turning over its listing distribution to ListHub in October. HAR cited the ease of use of ListHub’s centralized distribution service, and access to the firm’s analytics. HAR contracted with ListHub for its members to get marketing analytics from the platform.
ListHub maintains partnerships with dozens of national and regional publishers. Those partnerships are designed to ensure data accuracy and legitimate distribution of listing data, Glass told Inman News.
In announcing the MLSs that have signed on to ListHub so far this year, the company noted that after two years of managing syndication for their members independently, the Corpus Christi Association of Realtors returned to the ListHub network this year with an agreement that provides listing syndication and metrics to broker and agent members.
ListHub said it has signed agreements with the following MLSs in 2013:
- Lake Martin Area (Ala.) Association of Realtors
- Hot Springs (Ark.) Board of Realtors
- Ridgecrest Area (Calif.) Association of Realtors Inc.
- Gunnison County (Colo.) Association of Realtors Inc.
- Navarre Area (Fla.) Board of Realtors
- Middle Georgia MLS
- Greater Augusta (Ga.) Association of Realtors
- Sun Valley (Idaho) Board of Realtors
- Cumberland Valley (Ky.) Board of Realtors
- Henderson Audubon (Ky.) Board of Realtors
- Madison County (Ky.) Board of Realtors
- Northwest Louisiana Association of Realtors/Shreveport-Bossier Board of Realtors
- Lake Region (Minn.) Association of Realtors
- Southwest Mississippi Board of Realtors
- Ozark Gateway (Mo.) Association of Realtors
- MLS of the Three Rivers (Mo.) Board of Realtors
- MultiList Services of Springfield (Mo.) Realtors Inc.
- West Central (Mo.) Association of Realtors (formerly Sedalia-Warsaw)
- Randolph County (Mo.) Board of Realtors
- Northeast Central (Mo.) Board of Realtors
- Columbia Greene and Northern Dutchess (N.Y.) MLS
- Ithaca (N.Y.) Board of Realtors
- Mohawk Valley (N.Y.) Board of Realtors
- Rockingham County (N.C.) Association of Realtors
- Yancey-Mitchell (N.C.) Board of Realtors
- West Central (Ohio) Association of Realtors
- Lawton (Okla.) Board of Realtors
- Bradford Sullivan (Pa.) Association of Realtors
- Bryan-College Station (Texas) Association of Realtors
- Corpus Christi (Texas) Association of Realtors
- The Houston (Texas) Association of Realtors
- Southern Piedmont Land & Lakes (Va.) Board of Realtors
- Southwest Virginia (Va.) Board of Realtors
- Roanoke Valley (Va.) Association of Realtors Inc.
- Northeast Washington Association of Realtors MLS
- Greenbrier Valley (W.Va.) Board of Realtors
- EZMLS (national)