We know you have something important to say. Maybe it’s a story about a problem you solved for a client, or perhaps it’s an opinion or perspective about an important industry topic. Perhaps you have hints, tips, advice and wisdom for your colleagues, or you might be an expert about a specific niche topic.
Whatever you have to say, we want you to share it with our readers. Inman is the leading real estate industry information platform in today’s market; we’re energetic and diverse, and we’re launching a huge initiative that will bring stories, opinions, tips and more from the best and brightest voices in real estate today. And your voice will only make our content that much more intelligent and rich.
Interested? Here’s what you need to know:
- Who’s qualified to write? Agents, brokers and technologists, MLS and association executives, or leadership, title or mortgage company professionals, marketers and other service providers who work directly with Realtors and brokers are encouraged to reach out.
- How often should you write? We’re looking for contributors who are interested in writing one to two posts each month. We believe that’s the frequency that will help you gain a following.
- What should you write about? Don’t overthink this! You’re an idea person, and we want those ideas. We can help you develop your story topics and offer feedback and help throughout the process, but here are some thoughts to get you started.
- What topics are most interesting and vitally important in today’s real estate industry?
- Do you have specific knowledge about a niche — for example, property management — in the real estate industry? Maybe you serve that niche, or perhaps you have personal experience with it, but either way, we want your valuable insight.
- We know you have opinions about government actions, industry standards or simply a “given” that everyone seems to accept without questioning. Share them! We love controversy and a good debate.
- Did you just learn something new that you think could change your professional life? Quoting the expert you learned from and linking to a resource or two can make for a great article.
- Did you solve a problem recently for a client? Tell us about the conundrum and what you did to fix it!
- From time to time, we’ll also ask for your input on topics we’re interested in knowing more about, and you’ll have the opportunity to respond to those if you think you have something to say.
- How long should the articles be? Not too short and not too long. We’re looking for pieces between 400 and 800 words — and if you want to go longer, talk to us; we can discuss how to best present your idea.
- What if writing makes me nervous? Can I submit a video instead? Absolutely! We have video-specific guidelines and prompts to help get you started.
We can’t wait to show the world what you have to offer! To ask questions or to get started, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.