Are you an independent broker who’s carving your own path in the real estate industry?
Inman is launching a new profile series targeting indie brokers. We want to hear all about what you’re doing that sets you apart from everyone else — and why you’re traveling down an independent road.
Want to participate? Email the following to [email protected]:
- A high-resolution head-and-shoulders photo of yourself.
- A high-resolution photo of your office space.
And answers to these questions:
- Why do you stay independent when there are so many great franchises to join?
- When did you decide to launch your independent brokerage and why?
- What factored into that decision?
- Why did you think it was the right time and the right move for you?
- How old is your brokerage?
- What was the biggest challenge you faced in getting your brokerage off the ground?
- What was the easiest part of getting your brokerage off the ground?
- What’s your approximate agent-to-staff ratio?
- Are you part of an independent brokerage network?
- What’s the quirkiest thing about your firm?
- Describe your office. Where is it located? What does it look like?
- What kind of floor plan do you use?
- How many agents and offices do you have?
- How do you recruit new agents?
- Where and how do you market your brokerage?
- Do you have office parties? What are they like?
- Describe your brokerage’s digital presence. Do you have a website? What publishing platform do you use? Are you active on social media? Which channels?
- What would you say are the biggest advantages to operating as an independent brokerage versus as a franchised firm? What are the biggest challenges?
- What sets your brokerage apart? What makes you different from your competition?
- What’s the biggest business improvement you made last year? What’s the biggest improvement you have planned for this year?
Independent brokers: Send your responses and high-resolution headshot and office images to [email protected].