If you’ve attended an Inman event, then you know that our events are where the best and the brightest in the industry gather to share war stories, discuss developments and make connections with colleagues.
Would you like to help shape those events — developing and curating the themes and speakers, panels and breakout sessions — both for our in-person Connect events and our virtual offerings?
If that sounds intriguing, see below. We’re seeking the perfect fit for a brand-new position at Inman, and we’d love to hear from you.
Event Content Director
Real estate agents and brokers around the world turn to Inman first for accurate, innovative and timely information about the industry. Known for its award-winning journalism, cutting-edge technology coverage, in-depth educational opportunities and forward-thinking events, Inman is the industry’s leading source of real estate information.
The role of Event Content Director is responsible for the sourcing, curation and development of the program, content and speakers at Inman events. As the leading tech conference in the real estate industry featuring more than 100 speakers at each event, this role is crucial to the success of the company.
The Event Content Director owns the planning, execution and success of our conference programs, speaker selection, and agenda.
Position’s key responsibilities
- Work with Publisher and team to develop event themes, agenda and content units, panels, keynotes and breakout sessions for Inman events:
- Inman Connect New York
- Inman Connect San Francisco
- Inman Luxury Connect
- Inman Select virtual events
- Other events as designed by Inman
- Source speakers and moderators to create compelling and meaningful experiences for event attendees by:
- Identifying the topics that matter to attendees and developing content to address and further discussion around those topics.
- Identifying and securing compelling speakers to address topics at our events, ensuring that new voices are highlighted at each event and that diverse viewpoints and backgrounds are well-represented onstage.
- Ensuring speaker expertise and diversity of viewpoints for topics to drive a valuable exchange for the audience.
- Identifying moderators who can drive discussion, elicit debate and create clarity around issues for the audience.
- Work with speakers to ensure valuable content delivery for attendees via:
- Preconference planning and speaker preparation calls.
- Preconference calls with moderators and panelists to align discussion points and panel goals.
- Ensure presentation content and logistics are confirmed and planned for prior to the event.
- Work with speakers to promote their appearance at Inman events via:
- Distribution of speaker discount codes for their audience.
- Working with marketing to secure headshots, bios and permission to market their appearance.
- Distribution of promotional material, including social media messaging and more to speakers to promote their appearance.
- Conceptualizing and writing stories that promote speakers prior to each event, teasing event appearances and offering valuable takeaways for Inman readers.
- Project manage the speaker identification and selection process to ensure speakers are secured ahead of key event deadlines:
- Securing speakers prior to key marketing milestones.
- Securing name speakers for marketing and promotion efforts.
- Working with speaker bureaus where necessary to secure headline keynote speakers.
- Gaining commitments for speakers quickly to formalize event agenda.
- Working with sponsors to coordinate sponsor-supported speakers and keynotes.
- Manage speaker fees, costs and requests to ensure minimum expenditures and event budget requirements
- Measure progress of event milestones and report weekly to the VP of Events
- Keep tabs on editorial news flow, identifying appropriate potential speakers that have been quoted or profiled by other reporters
- Collaborate with Inman writers on articles — case studies and profiles — for the Inman audience that subtly showcases the breadth of content available at events:
- Focus on people in real estate doing innovative things, as well as thought leaders in other industries who can apply what they’ve learned to real estate.
- Help manage the editorial source database, keeping it updated with speakers and reminding other reporters to fill in any blanks.
Position’s key performance indicators
- Attendee feedback on content and speakers from Inman events
- Meeting schedule and speaker selection milestones for Inman events
- Net Promoter Score of event attendees
- Number and quality of stories written for Inman.com
Position Benchmarks and Expectations
- Creation of Inman Connect agenda for New York and San Francisco
- Sourcing of speakers for all Inman Connect sessions
- Creation of agenda and content for other Inman events both live and virtual
- Sourcing of speakers for all Inman events
- Attendee feedback rating of 4 or higher (on scale of 1 to 5) for speakers
- Increasing NPS rating from event attendees event over event
- Writing five stories each week — 4:1 ratio of short to in-depth/enterprise
- 3+ years experience planning and managing content, program and speakers for events
- Real estate experience and familiarity with the companies and people in the industry
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work under tight timelines and within a fluid environment
- Passion for connecting people and ideas
- Ability to balance an intense attention to detail with swift execution
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A self-starting attitude—ready to seize opportunities to make an impact without needing to be told
- Experience writing/blogging and a basic understanding of news production and journalistic standards
- Willingness to travel for events several times per year
- Position reports into VP Events & Editor
- Works collaboratively with marketing, email, and technology teams
Send resumes to: