Who will be in charge of the Real Estate Standards Organization (RESO) in 2016?
The 2016 officers and four new directors have been elected to the RESO Board of Directors.
The newly elected officers are:
- Art Carter, CEO of California Regional MLS or CRMLS, chair
- Rob Overman, chief technology officer of Lone Wolf Real Estate Technologies, vice chair
- Richard Renton, chief executive officer of Triad MLS, treasurer
- Rebecca Jensen, president & CEO of Midwest Real Estate Data LLC or MRED, secretary
RESO establishes and promotes data standards for MLSs. Its upcoming Data Dictionary deadline (imposed by NAR) is on Jan. 1, 2016.
There are also several newly appointed members to the RESO Board of Directors: Cary Sylvester, vice president of industry development of Keller Williams; Tom Flanagan, vice president of technology of Alain Pinel Realtors; and Glenn Shimkus, VP of product of DocuSign.
RESO also announced one newly elected member to its Board as well as three re-elected members:
- Pace Davis, owner/CEO of Bridge Interactive Group LLC (new)
- Richard Renton, CEO of Triad MLS
- Michael Wurzer, president of FBS (Flexmls)
- Justin LaJoie, vice president of Industry Solutions, Zillow
“Our 2016 Board of Directors and Officers offers RESO an amazing depth of knowledge and breadth of expertise that represents the full spectrum of the real estate industry,” said Jeremy Crawford, Executive Director of RESO, in a statement. “These business leaders and technical strategists will be instrumental in guiding RESO. They will help us build on our successes as we continue in our rapidly growing quest to truly provide a streamlined industry through fostering standards creation, adoption and certification. We are honored to have them at the helm of RESO.”
Other current RESO board members include:
- Mark Lesswing, National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Chad Curry, NAR
- Ethan Bailey, CoreLogic
- Mark Wise, Move
- Jeff Young, Realtors Property Resource
- Brian Donnellan, Metropolitan Regional Information Systems (MRIS)
- Stuart White, MTRMLS Inc. (Real Tracs Solutions)
- Craig Cheatham, The Realty Alliance