Check Inman every day for the daily version of this market roundup.
Home equity rates:
Wednesday, Jan. 20:
- Mortgage applications for new home purchases were down 5 percent month-over-month in December 2015.
- On a seasonally adjusted basis, new home mortgage applications were down by 8 percent month-over-month.
- New home mortgage applications were up 17 percent year-over-year, however.
Tuesday, Jan. 19:
- In December 2015, housing sales increased 8.2 percent year-over-year.
- This was the largest year-over-year increase since June 2015.
- The West was the strongest region, with a 10.3 increase.
How to be a high-tech landlord
Discover what you can automate and digitalize to grow your property business READ MORE
- December 2015 home sales were up 6.1 percent year-over-year.
- The median sales price was up 5.3 percent year-over-year.
- Average days on market was 67 days.
- Home prices were “largely flat in November,” FNC reported.
- Month-over-month, home prices registered a 0.0 percent change between October and November 2015.
- Year-over-year, home prices rose 6.0 percent.