Check Inman every day for the daily version of this market roundup.
Home equity rates:
Friday, Feb. 5:
- The MCAI decreased 0.4 percent month-over-month, to 123.8.
- This indicates that lending standards are tightening.
- The Conforming MCAI saw the greatest tightening (1.5 percent) followed by the Government MCAI (0.8 percent).
Wednesday, Feb. 3:
Working with partners to develop and implement your Facebook strategy
How to select a partner that's aligned with your goals READ MORE
- Mortgage applications decreased 2.6 percent week-over-week on a seasonally adjusted basis.
- The Refinance Index increased 0.3 percent week-over-week.
- The seasonally adjusted Purchase Index decreased 7 percent week-over-week.
Tuesday, Feb. 2:
- Five states and the District of Columbia reached new home price highs.
- Home prices were up 6.3 percent year-over-year.
- The 2016 forecast is for home prices to increase 5.4 percent year-over-year.
- Existing home sales are projected to fall between seasonally adjusted annual rates of 5.13 and 5.46 million sales.
- This is up 9.8 percent from January 2015.
- It’s also down 3 percent from December 2014.
Monday, Feb. 1:
- The total U.S. loan delinquency rate was 4.78 percent.
- This is a 2.99 percent drop month-over-month in delinquency rate.
- The total foreclosure pre-sale inventory rate was 1.37 percent.