We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The delinquency rate for mortgage loans on one-to-four-unit residential properties dropped to a seasonally adjusted rate of 4.77 percent of all loans.
- This is the lowest level since the third quarter of 2006.
- Loans on which foreclosure actions were started comprised 0.36 percent of all loans, down two basis points quarter-over-quarter.
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.65 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending Feb. 18, 2016.
- This is unchanged from last week.
- One year ago, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.76 percent.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- Privately owned housing units authorized by building permits in January were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,202,000.
- This is a 0.2 percent decrease from December 2014’s revised rate.
- However, it’s above the January 2015 estimate of 1,059,000.
- The market composite index increased 8.2 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis week-over-week.
- The seasonally adjusted purchase index increased 2 percent week-over-week and up 30 percent year-over-year.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 64.3 percent of total applications, up from 61.2 percent the previous week.
Email market reports to email@example.com.