Check Inman every day for the daily version of this market roundup.
Home equity rates:
Thursday, Feb. 18:
- The delinquency rate for mortgage loans on one-to-four-unit residential properties dropped to a seasonally adjusted rate of 4.77 percent of all loans.
- This is the lowest level since the third quarter of 2006.
- Loans on which foreclosure actions were started comprised 0.36 percent of all loans, down two basis points quarter-over-quarter.
Luxury Agent Spotlight: Adrian Burke
Learn how this global real estate advisor serves his international clientele READ MORE
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.65 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending Feb. 18, 2016.
- This is unchanged from last week.
- One year ago, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.76 percent.
Wednesday, Feb. 17:
- Privately owned housing units authorized by building permits in January were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,202,000.
- This is a 0.2 percent decrease from December 2014’s revised rate.
- However, it’s above the January 2015 estimate of 1,059,000.
- The market composite index increased 8.2 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis week-over-week.
- The seasonally adjusted purchase index increased 2 percent week-over-week and up 30 percent year-over-year.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 64.3 percent of total applications, up from 61.2 percent the previous week.
Tuesday, Feb. 16:
- Completed foreclosures were down 22.6 percent year-over-year in December 2015.
- Home prices were up 6.3 percent year-over-year in December 2015.
- 2015 was the worst year on record for wildfires, with more than 10 million acres burned.
- Housing sales increased 9.2 percent year-over-year.
- This is the strongest annual gain since June 2015.
- On average, housing prices rose 2.5 percent year-over-year.
- January home sales were up 6.3 percent year-over-year.
- The median sales price of all homes sold in January was $200,714.
- This is a 6.7 percent annual increase over the median sales price in January 2014.
Monday, Feb. 15:
- Home prices rose at a seasonally unadjusted rate of 0.4 percent month-over-month in December 2015.
- It rose 6.2 percent year-over-year.
- On a quarterly basis, home prices were up 0.2 percent in the fourth quarter.