We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Single-family home sales in January 2016 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 494,000.
- This is 9.2 percent below the revised December 2015 rate.
- It’s also 5.2 percent below the January 2015 estimate.
- The market composite index decreased 4.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis week-over-week.
- The refinance index decreased 8 percent week-over-week.
- The seasonally adjusted purchase index increased 2 percent week-over-week.
- The MiMi purchase applications indicator increased 9 percent in 2015.
- The national MiMi value is at 82.7.
- Year-over-year, the national MiMi improved 7.65 percent.
Home equity rates:
In 2019, think like a platform, not a brokerage
Strategies to adapt to a changing landscape to recruit and retain your agents READ MORE
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- Existing-home sales were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) of 5.47 million in January 2016.
- This is up 11.0 percent year over year.
- The median existing-home price for all home types was $213,800.
- The index rose 5.4 percent year-over-year in December.
- Portland led the way in price increases (11.4 percent), followed by San Francisco (10.3 percent) and Denver (10.2 percent).
- The national index rose 0.1 percent month-over-month.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.