We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The national average contract mortgage rate for previously owned homes was 3.98 percent, up from 3.97 percent in December.
- The average interest rate on all loans was 3.97 percent, up from 3.96 in December.
- The average loan amount was $310,400, down from $318,000 in December.
- House prices rose 1.4 percent quarter-over-quarter in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- Year-over-year, prices were up 5.8 percent.
- The FHFA seasonally adjusted monthly index for December was up 0.4 percent month-over-month.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- Single-family home sales in January 2016 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 494,000.
- This is 9.2 percent below the revised December 2015 rate.
- It’s also 5.2 percent below the January 2015 estimate.
Sell the lifestyle by being part of your community
Top producer Teddy Errico on how loving where you live can lead to sales READ MORE
- The market composite index decreased 4.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis week-over-week.
- The refinance index decreased 8 percent week-over-week.
- The seasonally adjusted purchase index increased 2 percent week-over-week.
- The MiMi purchase applications indicator increased 9 percent in 2015.
- The national MiMi value is at 82.7.
- Year-over-year, the national MiMi improved 7.65 percent.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.