Check Inman every day for the daily version of this market roundup.
[graphiq id=”b2w6fmfIyNL” title=”30-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months” width=”600″ height=”400″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/b2w6fmfIyNL” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”30-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months | Credio”]
[graphiq id=”2NvK9Bl9HIF” title=”15-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months” width=”600″ height=”400″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/2NvK9Bl9HIF” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”15-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months | Credio”]
Home equity rates:
[graphiq id=”kPkTJrAnX5r” title=”Average Home Equity Loan Bank Rates by State” width=”600″ height=”465″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/kPkTJrAnX5r” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”Average Home Equity Loan Bank Rates by State | Credio”]
[graphiq id=”dP0v3iYOnH” title=”Average Home Equity Loan Credit Union Rates by State” width=”600″ height=”465″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/dP0v3iYOnH” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”Average Home Equity Loan Credit Union Rates by State | Credio”]
Thursday, Feb. 25:
- The national average contract mortgage rate for previously owned homes was 3.98 percent, up from 3.97 percent in December.
- The average interest rate on all loans was 3.97 percent, up from 3.96 in December.
- The average loan amount was $310,400, down from $318,000 in December.
- House prices rose 1.4 percent quarter-over-quarter in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- Year-over-year, prices were up 5.8 percent.
- The FHFA seasonally adjusted monthly index for December was up 0.4 percent month-over-month.
Wednesday, Feb. 24:
- Single-family home sales in January 2016 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 494,000.
- This is 9.2 percent below the revised December 2015 rate.
- It’s also 5.2 percent below the January 2015 estimate.
- The market composite index decreased 4.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis week-over-week.
- The refinance index decreased 8 percent week-over-week.
- The seasonally adjusted purchase index increased 2 percent week-over-week.
- The MiMi purchase applications indicator increased 9 percent in 2015.
- The national MiMi value is at 82.7.
- Year-over-year, the national MiMi improved 7.65 percent.
Tuesday, Feb. 23:
- Existing-home sales were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) of 5.47 million in January 2016.
- This is up 11.0 percent year over year.
- The median existing-home price for all home types was $213,800.
- The index rose 5.4 percent year-over-year in December.
- Portland led the way in price increases (11.4 percent), followed by San Francisco (10.3 percent) and Denver (10.2 percent).
- The national index rose 0.1 percent month-over-month.
Monday, Feb. 22:
- Between September and January, the total average closing time (including delays) increased for six types of mortgage financing.
- The average closing time for purchase mortgages with a down payment of at least 20 percent backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac increased 5 days from September to January.
- Most home purchases continue to close on time, but the scheduled closing time has increased.
- The total U.S. loan delinquency rate (30 or more days past due but not in foreclosure) was 5.09 percent, up 6.62 percent month-over-month but down 7.10 percent year-over-year.
- The total U.S. foreclosure pre-sale inventory rate was 1.30 percent, down 4.53 percent month-over-month and 25.69 percent year-over-year.
- Total foreclosure starts totaled 71,900, down 7.94 percent month-over-month and 22.94 percent year-over-year.