- The majority of American homeowners (88 percent) feel confident in knowing how to upkeep their homes.
- Fifty-nine percent of millennial owners think they're better than a pro at home maintenance. But most aren't.
- A lack of knowledge doesn't stop many from tackling home improvement problems; 67 percent of homeowners have tried to do a major home project -- without a pro.
Future-Proof: Navigate Threats, Seize Opportunities at ICNY 2018 | Jan 22-26 at the Marriott Marquis, Times Square, New York
Time is money, and no one wants to spend more of either. But there are ways to stay ahead of costly repairs that could result in DIY fails — or worse — insurance claims.
Here are 5 expert tips on how to become a home maintenance maven.
- Set aside an annual budget of 1 percent of your home’s value for just-in-case situations.
- Hire credible professionals to ensure home maintenance projects are done right.
- Learn which projects are appropriate for DIY-oriented homeowners.
- Clean, inspect and check home maintenance systems on a regular basis to avoid claims.
- Know what your homeowners insurance policy covers and what it doesn’t.
This infographic was contributed by Esurance.
Article image credited to bikeriderinlondon / Shutterstock.com