We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Home prices increased year-over-year by 6 percent in July 2016.
- Month-over-month, prices increased by 1.1 percent.
- The CoreLogic HPI Forecast predicts that home prices will increase by 5.4 percent year-over-year from July 2016 to July 2017.
- There was $518 billion in first-lien mortgage originations in Q2.
- Purchase originations increased 50 percent quarter-over-quarter.
- Refinance originations increased 8 percent quarter-over-quarter.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
Sell the lifestyle by being part of your community
Top producer Teddy Errico on how loving where you live can lead to sales READ MORE
- Total construction spending in July was estimated at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1.15 trillion.
- Residential construction was at a seasonally adjusted rate of $445.5 billion in July.
- This is 0.3 percent above the revised June estimate ($444.0 billion).
- Less than 65 percent of homeowners surveyed said now is a good time to buy.
- Just 38 percent of renters surveyed said now is a good time to buy a home.
- Out of every 10 homeowners surveyed, seven said now is a good time to sell a home.
- The rates for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages were an average 3.46 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending September 1, 2016.
- Last week, the rate averaged 3.43 percent.
- A year ago, the rate averaged 3.89 percent.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.