We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Appraised values were 1.56 percent lower than homeowner estimates in August 2016.
- Home values increased 1.73 percent month-over-month in August 2016.
- Year-over-year, values increased 8.13 percent.
- Foreclosure inventory was down 3.9 percent in July 2016 from June 2016.
- Completed foreclosures were down 34,000 in July 2016.
- This is a 16.5 percent year-over-year decline and a 3.9 percent month-over-month decline.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The MCAI decreased 0.4 percent month-over-month to 164.7 in August 2016.
- The Conforming MCAI saw the greatest decrease: 0.9 percent.
- The Government MCAI was down 0.5 percent, and the Conventional MCAI was down 0.2 percent.
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 3.44 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending September 8, 2016.
- This is down from last week, when it averaged 3.46 percent.
- A year ago, the average was 3.90 percent
Email market reports to email@example.com.