We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Mortgage applications for new home purchases increased by 5 percent month-over-month.
- Applications were up 14 percent year-over-year.
- The average loan size of new homes decreased from $325,843 in July to $325,224 in August.
- In Q2 2016, 7.1 percent of mortgaged homes had negative equity.
- This is an 8.9 percent decrease from the previous quarter.
- Negative equity value decreased $30.0 billion quarter-over-quarter.
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) reached its highest level since June in the week ending September 15, 2016.
- The 30-year FRM averaged 3.50 percent with an average 0.5 point.
- This is up from last weeks’ 3.44 percent. Last year this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.91 percent.
Email market reports to email@example.com.