We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications decreased 7.3 percent from one week earlier.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 63.1 percent of total applications from 62.9 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances increased to 3.70 percent from 3.67 percent week-over-week.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Single-family housing unit authorizations in August were at a rate of 737,000, 3.7 percent above July 2016.
- Single-family housing starts in August were at a rate of 722,000, this is 6.0 percent below July.
- Single-family housing completions in August were at a rate of 752,000; 0.3 percent below July.
- The market for existing-home sales is underperforming its potential by 5.6 percent.
- In August, the market potential for existing-home sales grew 1.08 percent month-over-month.
- Potential existing-home sales increased to 5.78 million, 91.9 percent above the December 2008 market bottom.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.