We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Construction spending during August 2016 was estimated at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1,142.2 billion.
- This is 0.7 percent below the revised July estimate of $1,150.6 billion.
- This is also 0.3 percent below the August 2015 estimate of $1,145.2 billion.
- The national delinquency rate fell by just over 6 percent month-over-month in August 2016.
- Delinquencies were at 4.24 percent in August 2016.
- The inventory of loans in active foreclosure continued its 19-month consecutive downward trend.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The index declined 2.4 percentage points to 108.5 in August from July.
- The index was 0.2 percent lower in August 2016 than August 2015 (108.7).
- The index is currently at its second-lowest reading in 2016, after January (105.4).
- September sales will fall between seasonally adjusted annual rates of 5.1 million and 5.44 million.
- This is down 1.2 percent from August.
- This is also down 5.1 percent from one year ago.
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.42 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending September 29, 2016.
- This is down from last week, when it averaged 3.48 percent.
- One year ago, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.85 percent.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.