We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Appraisals lagged behind homeowner estimates by 1.26 percent in September.
- This is a smaller gap than recorded in August 2016 — a 1.56 percent gap between perceptions.
- This is the third consecutive month wherein appraiser and homeowner estimates became more closely aligned.
- Foreclosure inventory was down 3.2 percentage points in August 2016 from July 2016.
- Foreclosure inventory fell by 30 percentage points year-over-year.
- This was the 58th consecutive month of year-over-year foreclosure declines.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Nonfarm payroll employment increased by 156,000 jobs in September 2016.
- The unemployment rate was 5.0 percent in September 2016, up slightly from 4.9 percent in August.
- The professional and business services sector and health care sector saw employment gains in September.
- The HPSI fell to 82.8 in September 2016.
- This is a 2.2 percentage point decrease from August 2016.
- In September 2015, the HPSI was 83.8.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.