We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Home prices rose 5.3 percent year-over-year in August 2016.
- This is up from the 5.0 percent year-over-year gain from July 2016.
- Before seasonal adjustment, the national index was up 0.5 percent month-over-month.
- The total U.S. loan delinquency rate (30 or more days past due, but not in foreclosure) was 4.27 percent, up 0.74 percent from August 2016 but down 12.24 percent from September 2015.
- The total U.S. foreclosure pre-sale inventory rate was 1.00 percent, down 3.38 percent from August 2016 and down 31.23 percent from September 2015.
- Total U.S. foreclosure starts numbered 61,700, down 10.32 percent from August 2016 and 22.78 percent from September 2015.
- House prices rose 0.7 percent (seasonally adjusted) month-over-month in August 2016.
- July’s previously reported increase (0.5 percent) remained unchanged.
- From August 2015 to August 2016, house prices were up 6.4 percent.
- Real house prices increased 0.8 percent between July 2016 and August 2016.
- Real house prices decreased 2.6 percent between August 2015 and August 2016.
- Real house prices are 41 percent below the housing-boom peak in July 2006.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The top five housing markets ranked according to current and forecasted housing fundamentals were Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach County, Tampa and Orlando in Florida as well as Las Vegas.
- Fort Lauderdale overtook Palm Beach County as the hottest market.
- Phoenix, Seattle, Nashville, Dallas and Jacksonville ranked nos. 6 through 10.
Email market reports to email@example.com.