We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The Home Price Index year-over-year change for August 2016 was a 6.0 percent increase.
- The share of homes with negative equity in Q2 2016 was 7.1 percent.
- The cash sales share (as of June 2016) was 29.3 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Pending home sales grew to 110.0 in September 2016.
- This is 2.4 percent higher than September 2015.
- It also indicates a 1.5 percent growth from August 2016.
The top 3 trends homebuyers want this season
Sellers and their agents should consider these updates to stay competitive READ MORE
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.47 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending October 27, 2016.
- This is down 5 basis points from 3.52 percent last week.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.76 percent.
- The National Average Contract Mortgage Rate for the Purchase of Previously Occupied Homes by Combined Lenders Index was 3.61 percent for loans closed in late September, up 3 basis points from 3.58 percent in August.
- The average interest rate on all mortgage loans was 3.60 percent, up 1 basis point from 3.59 in August.
- The average loan amount for all loans was $302,900 in September, down $19,800 from $322,700 in August.
Email market reports to email@example.com.