We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Home prices nationwide, including distressed sales, increased year over year by 6.3 percent in September 2016.
- They increased by 1.1 percent in September 2016 compared with August 2016.
- The CoreLogic HPI Forecast indicates that home prices will increase by 5.2 percent on a year-over-year basis from September 2016 to September 2017.
- Construction spending during September 2016 was estimated at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1,150.0 billion.
- This is 0.4 percent below the revised August estimate of $1,154.4 billion.
- This is also 0.2 percent below the September 2015 estimate of $1,152.1 billion.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The current Black Knight HPI value is $266,000.
- This is up 0.3 percent month-over-month.
- It’s also up 5.3 percent year-over-year.
- The frequency of defects, fraudulence and misrepresentation in the information submitted in mortgage loan applications decreased 1.4 percent in September 2016 compared with August 2016.
- Compared to September 2015, the Defect Index decreased by 14.8 percent.
- The Defect Index is down 32.3 percent from the high point of risk in October 2013.
Email market reports to email@example.com.