We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications decreased 1.2 percent for the week ending Nov. 4, 2016, from one week earlier.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 62.3 percent of total applications from 62.7 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances ($417,000 or less) increased to its highest level since June 2016, 3.77 percent, from 3.75 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Owner estimates of home values were 1.15 percent higher than appraisers’ opinions in October.
- This represents a narrowing of the gap between homeowner estimates and appraiser valuations.
- In September, appraised values were 1.26 percent lower than homeowner expectation.
Top brokerages find new ways to carve out profit
While the average return on revenue for brokerages nationwide has faced downward pressure, some brokerages are bucking the trend READ MORE
- Foreclosure inventory was down 3.1 percentage points in September 2016 from August 2016.
- There were 36,000 completed foreclosures in September.
- This represents a 7.0 percentage point year-over-year decline.
Email market reports to email@example.com.