We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications decreased 1.2 percent for the week ending Nov. 4, 2016, from one week earlier.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 62.3 percent of total applications from 62.7 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances ($417,000 or less) increased to its highest level since June 2016, 3.77 percent, from 3.75 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Owner estimates of home values were 1.15 percent higher than appraisers’ opinions in October.
- This represents a narrowing of the gap between homeowner estimates and appraiser valuations.
- In September, appraised values were 1.26 percent lower than homeowner expectation.
Success secrets of a winning team
The mandates that enable my team to provide exemplary service READ MORE
- Foreclosure inventory was down 3.1 percentage points in September 2016 from August 2016.
- There were 36,000 completed foreclosures in September.
- This represents a 7.0 percentage point year-over-year decline.
Email market reports to email@example.com.