We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- There were a total of 45,718 single family home and condo sale flips in the third quarter of 2016.
- This represents 5.1 percent of all single family and condo sales during the quarter.
- The 5.1 percent Q3 2016 home flipping rate was down from a 5.6 percent rate in the previous quarter and unchanged from Q3 2015.
- The 30-year mortgage rate averaged 4.13 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending December 8, 2016.
- This is up from last week when it averaged 4.08 percent.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.95 percent.
- 384,000 residential properties regained equity in Q3 2016.
- 6.3 percent of mortgaged homes were in negative equity in Q3.
- The value of homes in negative equity was estimated to be $281.9 billion.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Mortgage applications decreased 0.7 percent week-over-week for the week ending Dec. 2, 2016.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 56.2 percent of total applications from 55.1 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances increased to its highest level since October 2014, 4.27 percent, from 4.23 percent last week.
- The HPSI decreased in November 2016 for the fourth consecutive month to 81.2.
- This is down 0.5 points from October 2016.
- The share of consumers expecting mortgage rates to go down over the next year and those who believe now is a good time to sell a home both fell 6 percentage points.
Email market reports to email@example.com.