We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- There were a total of 45,718 single family home and condo sale flips in the third quarter of 2016.
- This represents 5.1 percent of all single family and condo sales during the quarter.
- The 5.1 percent Q3 2016 home flipping rate was down from a 5.6 percent rate in the previous quarter and unchanged from Q3 2015.
- The 30-year mortgage rate averaged 4.13 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending December 8, 2016.
- This is up from last week when it averaged 4.08 percent.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.95 percent.
Be your community’s #1 fan
Why local expertise helps you differentiate and win READ MORE
- 384,000 residential properties regained equity in Q3 2016.
- 6.3 percent of mortgaged homes were in negative equity in Q3.
- The value of homes in negative equity was estimated to be $281.9 billion.
Email market reports to email@example.com.