We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications decreased 4.0 percent from one week earlier for the week ending December 9, 2016.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 57.2 percent of total applications from 56.2 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages increased to its highest level since October 2014, 4.28 percent, from 4.27 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Homeowner perceptions were 1 percent higher than appraiser opinions in November 2016.
- This marks the fifth consecutive month the gap between homeowner expectations and appraised values narrowed.
- The National Quicken Loans Home Value Index (HVI) shows appraised values moved higher by 0.42 percent in November.
What to look for in a results-driven real estate team
For senior real estate advisors Richard Silver and Jim Burtnick, partnering brings a breadth of knowledge and a balance of skills READ MORE
- Mortgage applications for new home purchases increased 12 percent relative to November 2015.
- Compared to October 2016, applications decreased by 3 percent relative to the previous month.
- The MBA estimates new single-family home sales were running at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 588,000 units in November 2016.
- Foreclosure inventory was down 3.6 percent in October 2016 from September 2016.
- There were 30,000 completed foreclosures nationally, down from 40,000 in October 2015.
- This represents a 24.9-percent decline year-over-year.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.