We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Potential existing-home sales increased to a 6.1 million seasonally adjusted annualized rate (SAAR).
- This was 4.0 percent above November 2015.
- Currently, potential existing-home sales is 98,000 (SAAR) or 1.6 percent below the pre-recession peak of market potential, which occurred in July 2005.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Privately-owned housing units authorized by building permits in November were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,201,000, 4.7 percent below the revised October rate of 1,260,000 and 6.6 percent below the November 2015 estimate of 1,286,000.
- Privately-owned housing starts in November were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,090,000, 18.7 percent below the revised October estimate of 1,340,000 and 6.9 percent below the November 2015 rate of 1,171,000.
- Privately-owned housing completions in November were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,216,000, 15.4 percent above the revised October estimate of 1,054,000 and 25.0 percent above the November 2015 rate of 973,000.
- The home price index (HPI) in October 2016 was up 6.7 percent year-over-year.
- The Q3 negative equity share was 6.3 percent.
- The cash sales share as of August 2016 was 31.1 percent.
Email market reports to email@example.com.