We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Pending home sales declined 2.5 percent to 107.3 in November from 110.0 in October.
- The index is now 0.4 percent below last November (107.7).
- This is the index’s lowest reading since January 2016 (105.4).
- The national MiMi is 86.4.
- This is 0.42 percent up from September 2016 to October 2016 and a three-month improvement of 1.86 percent.
- Year-over-year, the national MiMi value improved 5.88 percent.
- The frequency of defects, fraudulence and misrepresentation in the information submitted in mortgage loan applications remained unchanged in November as compared with October.
- Compared to November 2015, the Defect Index decreased by 12.8 percent.
- The Defect Index is down 33.3 percent from the high point of risk in October 2013.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
4 tips to raise your real estate business’s online profile
As a real estate professional, you know how important it is to get your name in front of prospective clients. With the modern digital world increasingly mobile, the opportunity to create real impact and grow your business is yours for the taking ... READ MORE
- The index for the average contract mortgage rate for previously occupied homes by combined lenders Index was 3.66 percent for loans closed in late November, up 4 basis points from 3.62 percent in October.
- The average interest rate on all mortgage loans was 3.64 percent, up 4 basis points from 3.60 in October.
- The average loan amount for all loans was $314,700 in November, up $2,000 from $312,700 in October.
- Real house prices increased 0.7 percent between September 2016 and October 2016.
- Compared to September 2015, real house prices decreased by 0.4 percent.
- Unadjusted house prices are expected to increase by 5.3 percent in October on a year-over-year basis.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.