We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications decreased 12 percent from two weeks earlier for the week ending December 30, 2016.
- The Refinance Index decreased 22 percent from two weeks ago.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances decreased to 4.39 percent from 4.45 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The CoreLogic home price index (HPI) was up 1.1 percent month-over-month in November 2016.
- The HPI was up 7.1 percent year-over-year.
- CoreLogic forecasts home prices to rise 4.7 percent year-over-year from 2016 to 2017.
How to turn training into a talent magnet
Education is critical to recruit and retain top performers to your brokerage. Here’s how to do it. READ MORE
- Construction spending during November was at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1,182 billion.
- This is 0.9 percent above the revised October rate of $1,171.4 billion.
- November’s number is also 4.1 percent above the November 2015 estimate.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.