We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Foreclosure filings (default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions) were reported on 933,045 U.S. properties in 2016.
- This is down 14 percent from 2015 to the lowest level since 2006, when there were 717,522 U.S. properties with foreclosure filings.
- The report also shows that 0.70 percent of all U.S. housing units had at least one foreclosure filing in 2016, the lowest annual foreclosure rate nationwide since 2006.
- Mortgage applications for new home purchases increased 2 percent relative to December 2015.
- Compared to November 2016, applications decreased by 14 percent relative to the previous month.
- This change does not include any adjustment for typical seasonal patterns.
How you know you've found a winning team
A top producer shares what she looked for — and found — in her brokerage READ MORE
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.12 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending January 12, 2017.
- This is down from last week when it averaged 4.20 percent.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.92 percent.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.