Don't miss the real estate event of the summer
Join 4,000 real estate pros at Connect SF, Aug 7‑11, 2017
We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
National Association of Realtors Existing-Home Sales for December 2016:
- Total existing-home sales finished 2016 at 5.45 million sales.
- In December, existing sales decreased 2.8 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.49 million in December from an upwardly revised 5.65 million in November.
- With last month’s slide, sales are only 0.7 percent higher than a year ago.
Pro Teck Valuation Services Home Value Forecast:
- Months of remaining inventory (MRI) — the current number of active listings divided by the monthly sales rate — is around 6 months in a balanced market.
- Communities with an MRI under 3 have jumped from 12.7 percent in December 2015 to 20.63 percent in December 2016 — a 62.44 percent increase.
- In December 2014, this number was 9.17 percent — there’s been a 125-percent increase in communities with a dramatic shortage of homes for sale since December 2014.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
First American Financial Corporation’s Potential Home Sales Model for December 2016:
Actionize big data with predictive analytics to win listings
- Potential existing-home sales decreased to a 5.8 million seasonally adjusted, annualized rate (SAAR).
- This represents a 92.5 percent increase from the market potential low point reached in December 2008.
- In December, the market potential for existing-home sales grew by 2.9 percent compared with a year ago, an increase of 164,000 (SAAR) sales.
Email market reports to email@example.com.
Article image credited to AshDesign / Shutterstock.com