We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- U.S. house prices rose in November, up 0.5 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis from the previous month.
- The previously reported 0.4 percent increase in October was revised downward to a 0.3 percent increase.
- From November 2015 to November 2016, house prices were up 6.1 percent.
- Mortgage applications increased 4.0 percent from one week earlier for the week ending January 20, 2017.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 50.0 percent of total applications, the lowest level since July 2015, from 53.0 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances increased to 4.35 percent from 4.27 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Total existing-home sales finished 2016 at 5.45 million sales.
- In December, existing sales decreased 2.8 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.49 million in December from an upwardly revised 5.65 million in November.
- With last month’s slide, sales are only 0.7 percent higher than a year ago.
At the intersection of real estate and Facebook
The tech you need to support your agents’ growth is already within reach READ MORE
Email market reports to email@example.com.