We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- After rising 5.7 percent from the start of 2016, U.S. home prices are now within just 0.3 percent of a new national peak.
- For the fifth straight month, New York led all states in monthly home price appreciation, seeing 1.1 percent growth from October 2016.
- Home prices hit new peaks in six of the nation’s 20 largest states and eight of the 40 largest metros.
- Real house prices increased 4.4 percent between October 2016 and November 2016
- Compared to November 2015, real house prices increased by 1.7 percent.
- Real house prices are 37.1 percent below their housing-boom peak in July 2006 and 15.5 percent below the level of prices in January 2000.
Gain a massive competitive advantage with a modern RE CRM
3 reasons you need to replace your dumb CRM with a smart one READ MORE
- The Pending Home Sales Index (PHSI) increased 1.6 percent to 109.0 in December from 107.3 in November.
- The index is now 0.3 percent above last December (108.7).
- Existing-home sales are forecast to be around 5.54 million this year, an increase of 1.7 percent from 2016, which was the best year of sales since 2006.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The home price index was up 6.7 percent year-over-year in November 2016.
- The cash sales share was 31.8 percent as of October 2016.
- The distressed sales share was 7.7 percent as of October 2016.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.