We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications decreased 3.7 percent from one week earlier for the week ending February 10, 2017.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 46.9 percent of total applications, its lowest level since June 2009, from 47.9 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances decreased to 4.32 percent from 4.35 percent.
- The delinquency rate for mortgage loans on one-to-four-unit residential properties increased to a seasonally adjusted rate of 4.80 percent of all loans outstanding at the end of the fourth quarter of 2016.
- The delinquency rate was up 28 basis points from the previous quarter, and was three basis points higher than one year ago.
- The serious delinquency rate, the percentage of loans that are 90 days or more past due or in the process of foreclosure, was 3.13 percent, an increase of 17 basis points from last quarter, and a decrease of 31 basis points from last year.
- 17.3 million single family homes and condos with a combined estimated market value of $4.9 trillion are in ZIP codes with high or very high risk for at least one of four environmental hazards: Superfunds, brownfields, polluters or poor air quality.
- The 17.3 million single family homes and condos in high-risk zip codes represented 25 percent of the 68.1 million single family homes and condos in the 8,642 ZIP codes analyzed.
- Of the 8,642 zip codes analyzed, 6,238 with 50.8 million single family homes and condos (75 percent) worth a combined $16.9 trillion did not have a High or Very High risk index for any of the four environmental hazards.
[graphiq id=”b2w6fmfIyNL” title=”30-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months” width=”600″ height=”400″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/b2w6fmfIyNL” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”30-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months | Credio”]
[graphiq id=”2NvK9Bl9HIF” title=”15-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months” width=”600″ height=”400″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/2NvK9Bl9HIF” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”15-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months | Credio”]
Home equity rates:
[graphiq id=”kPkTJrAnX5r” title=”Average Home Equity Loan Bank Rates by State” width=”600″ height=”465″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/kPkTJrAnX5r” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”Average Home Equity Loan Bank Rates by State | Credio”]
[graphiq id=”dP0v3iYOnH” title=”Average Home Equity Loan Credit Union Rates by State” width=”600″ height=”465″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/dP0v3iYOnH” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”Average Home Equity Loan Credit Union Rates by State | Credio”]
Most recent market news:
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) Builder Application Survey (BAS) data for January 2017 shows mortgage applications for new home purchases increased 9.2 percent compared to January 2016.
- Compared to December 2016, applications increased by 22 percent relative to the previous month.
- By product type, conventional loans composed 67.2 percent of loan applications, FHA loans composed 18.6 percent, RHS/USDA loans composed 1.1 percent and VA loans composed 13 percent.
- The average loan size of new homes decreased from $331,354 in December to $329,806 in January.
- There were 21,000 completed foreclosures in December 2016, down from 36,000 the previous year.
- The “seriously delinquent” rate is at 2.6 percent, the lowest level since June 2007.
- About 335,000 homes were in some stage of foreclosure in December 2016.
- The national HPPI shows appraised values were 1.47 percent lower than homeowners estimated in January.
- Home values rise 3.93 percent year-over-year nationally, despite slight drop from previous month, according to the Quicken home value index.
- Appraisal values in January fell slightly, 0.34 percent month-over-month.
Email market reports to email@example.com.