We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
Most recent market news
Monday, April 24
- At $268K, the national-level HPI hit a new post-crisis peak in February, marking a 1.0 percent gain in home prices since the start of the year
- Washington led all states in monthly appreciation, with home prices there rising 2.2 percent, followed by Colorado and Oregon with 1.6 and 1.5 percent growth, respectively
- Seattle’s 2.7 percent monthly appreciation was the most of any metropolitan area; San Jose, Calif., Denver, Colo., and Bellingham, Wash., also saw monthly price gains of two percent or higher
- In addition to securing the top spots on both the best-performing state and metropolitan area lists this month, Washington also accounted for six of the 10 best-performing metros in the country
- For the third consecutive month, Tuscaloosa, Ala., was once again the worst-performing metropolitan area, with prices falling 4.7 percent in February – more than eight times the decline of the next worst-performing metro
- Home prices in six of the nation’s 20 largest states and 14 of the 40 largest metros hit new peaks in February
Home equity rates:
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.