The real estate industry is changing at a rapid rate; it’s not the same as it was even five or ten years ago. Although the basic steps of buying or selling haven’t changed, advances in technology have made the process faster and easier than ever before.
The internet alone has opened up our industry to buyers and sellers in such a way that apps now threaten to take the agent out of the equation entirely. The reason? To save clients from paying an agent a commission.
The good news is true professionalism and expertise will never be replaced by the latest app. Technology can do a lot, but the one thing it can’t deliver is that personal touch that comes with great service. After all, that’s why your clients rely on you, isn’t it?
How do you prove you’re worthy of your clients’ business and referrals? Offer consistent, excellent service long after the deal has closed. Your clients should be able to rely on you, whether they need a referral to a plumber or are curious about their home’s current value.
To meet their expectations and continue to serve them, it’s essential to keep your skills sharp. But how? Adopt and then practice this affirmation: “I am still learning…”
Improve your business with continuous training
Training helps you stay at the top of your game when your clients need you most. It also re-connects you with timeless fundamentals that will help you navigate your business in the ever-changing market.
However, not all training programs are alike. To build and sustain a thriving business, look for a program that meets the following criteria:
- Based on a proven system. That means a focus on the fundamentals. After all, sales and business success fundamentals are timeless for a reason—they work! Search for a training program that helps you optimize your referral relationships while you build your business.
- Has proven results. Training programs may promise the world; however, they should deliver the results to prove it. By the end of the training, you should have generated more new leads and business than you would have on your own.
- Appeals to a variety of agents. The average real estate professional may be 54 and female; however, a training program should appeal to agents from a variety of backgrounds and experiences to help them all succeed at their pace.
- Available in-person and online. Technology makes it easy for even the busiest person to learn anywhere.
- Provides tools for lasting success. Continued success depends on continuous training. Whether taken in progression or repeated, you should be able to learn new skills and optimize your business processes each time you take it.
If you’ve got a voracious appetite to grow and get better at what you do, attend “Brian Buffini’s Bold Predictions: What’s ahead and how to win in 2019” broadcast, Tuesday, December 4 at 9am (Pacific). On this broadcast, Brian shares his 2019 market forecast and an all-new, in-depth training program intended to help agents – in any stage of their career – build a business that’s not just profitable, but multi-generational.
Headquartered in Carlsbad, CA, Buffini & Company was founded by real estate expert, master motivator, podcast host, and New York Times bestseller, Brian Buffini. The company provides a unique and highly-effective lead generation system and comprehensive business coaching and training programs, which have helped entrepreneurs in 37 countries improve their business, increase net profit and enhance their quality of life.