Many homeowners will start dipping their toes in smart home technology with a voice assistant like Amazon Echo, and they’ll eventually expand from there. If you already have the Echo and are thinking about setting up a smart home, you might find going all in with Amazon products more convenient.
This week, we’ll be talking a lot about the products that work well with Alexa. In the video, we’ll cover everything from doorbells to smart security, sharing the perks and drawbacks of every gadget. Here are some of our recommended products mentioned in the video:
- Voice assistant: Amazon Echo
- Doorbell: Ring Doorbell
- Security: Ring Security System (Or, as an alternate choice, Abode’s iota home security kit)
- Switches: Jasco switches, Zigbee for Echo Plus or Z-Wave version with Ring security system. Hubitat or SmartThings users should consider Inovelli. Not to mention, Lutron Caseta is another great option.
- Bulbs: Philips Hue. LIFX, or Sengled are both great alternatives.
- Thermostat: Ecobee.
- Lock: Schlage Encode. We also recommend Kwisket.
- Plug: Amazon Plug
- WiFi router: Eero
For more on each product, tune into this week’s video.
Brandon Doyle is a Realtor at Doyle Real Estate Team — RE/MAX Results in Minneapolis and co-author of Mindset, Methods & Metrics – Winning as a Modern Real Estate Agent. You can follow him on YouTube or Facebook.