California residential real estate highlights, home prices, and rental data from Zillow:
California median listing prices and median price-per-square-foot for all home types:
- All homes: $440,000 at $257/SF.
- Single-family residential homes: $450,000 at $243/SF
- Condos: $399,000 at $316/SF
- Duplex and Triplex units: $599,000 at $258/SF
- 1-Bedroom homes: $285,000 at $367/SF
- 2-Bedroom homes: $325,000 at $272/SF
- 3-Bedroom homes: $399,900 at $241/SF
- 4-Bedroom homes: $530,000 at $236/SF
- 5+ Bedroom homes: $750,000 at $243/SF
California median rental prices and median rental price-per-square-foot:
- All homes: $2,300 at $1.58/SF
- Single-family residential: $2,295 at $1.34/SF
- Condos: $2,400 at $2.00/SF
- Duplex and Triplex units: $1,958 at $2.31/SF
- Multi-family residential: $2,000 at $2.16/SF
- 1-Bedroom homes: $1,795 at $2.59/SF
- 2-Bedroom homes: $2,150 at $2.07/SF
- 3-Bedroom homes: $2,300 at $1.52/SF
- 4-Bedroom homes: $2,490 at $1.18/SF
California median sales prices and price-per-square-foot:
- All homes: $421,075 at $273/SF
- Single-family residential: $251/SF
- Condos: $338/SF
California homes sold for a gain or loss:
- 88.7% of all homes sold above the previous home price
- 11.3% of all homes sold below the previous home price
- 9.1% of all listings had a price reduction this month with a median price cut of 3.1% (approximately $11,000)
- 9.3% of all single-family residential home listings had a price reduction this month with a median price cut of 3.2% (approximately $12,000)
- 8.2% of all condo listings had a price reduction this month with a median price cut of 2.9% (approximately $10,000)
4.8% of all homes in California sold in the past 12 months.
The ZHVI (Zillow Home Value Index) rose by 6.3% over the past year, to $454,700.
Note: If any of the data is currently undisclosed, that is because the local jurisdictions currently do not share that data.
Discover more California real estate news here or check out additional Zillow data.