It’s the beginning of November, and I know that your business plans for 2013 are already in development…right? If not, never fear, we’ve got some ideas for you. From online marketing ideas, social media, new technology to implement, and some fresh perspective, sometimes all it takes are some actionable STEPS, and some resources to read…a library of sorts. Inspiration comes in many forms and all too often we’re so inspired by new knowledge, it’s hard to actually make it happen! Do you ever have this feeling?
So, for the next 10 weeks, come back to NEXT for a host of new real estate ideas to implement in 2013! They are meant to be quick and easy reads that you can come back to. Follow along on Twitter for 10 weeks with this hashtag: #10in10
Here we go!
Day 1- You Are What You Publish – REV up your Website or Blog
Content marketing. Content branding. Content curation. Storytelling. These are all buzz words for one thing: Communicating valuable, trustworthy, delightful, informative, compelling media to your buyers and sellers. Social media is one tool, but adding consistent blogging efforts to your blog and website will continue to attract relevant traffic to your site, long after you hit publish! Here are some ideas to rev that website up, boost your SEO rankings, and put you back in front of your clients:
1. Take 10 photos of your community.
- Edit your photos from your phone in a photo app like Camera+ to bring out color, or crop, or add a nice frame or caption, then add them, one every week to your blog.
- Make sure to optimize your post with keywords, title tags, and bring that photo to life with your words. Remember: Images are the second largest searched media on search engines.
- Post them to your Facebook page in the form of a LINK, to drive traffic back to your blog.
- Post on Instagram with proper #tags of your #community to share with other local photographers.
2. Create an FAQ area on your blog.
Create your perfect client profile. This is your target audience. Do you work with first-time buyers? Luxury home sellers? Are you a Relocation Specialist? What are the questions that only you can answer?
- Create a top 5 list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) and write a paragraph or two answering their specific questions. Put yourself in their shoes, and speak in their language. Walk them through your best advice, and let them know specifically what you do to make their experience an exceptional one.
- Post those to your blog, one at a time until you have 5 internal links within your site, and a great resource for site visitors. This is a great way to build trust in your brand, by being a resource.
3. Create a welcome video introduction for your site or blog.
Did you know that the percentage of agents using video for marketing is less than 5%? Here is an opportunity for you to get started and make 2013 the year you start video marketing! I’m not talking about listing videos and virtual tours..I’m talking about using your phone to start producing short videos to add to your site or blog.
- Get the app Videolicious.
- Do your hair and make-up. Put on your professional clothes. Smile.
- Take a few takes from your phone, tablet, desktop.
- Follow the directions on Videolicious, and wa-la…a nicely produced video for your website or blog. Post automatically to your Youtube account, and link/embed it. Optimize the tags and keywords.
This is just a simple option to getting started in video marketing. Creating video emails, sending off quick video messages from your phone to a client, or taking a quick video of a neighborhood to your out of state clients, are all ideas to help you get started. Just go for it.
Drop a comment and let us know what you have in your plans for 2013! Anything you’d like us to cover? GO!