Have you used Facebook Questions yet? Facebook questions launched pretty recently with not a lot of fan fare, and it was almost by accident that I stumbled upon it.
According to Facebook:
“Facebook Questions lets you ask any question and get quick answers from your friends and other people on Facebook. Questions is designed so that anyone on Facebook can help you find the answer. So when you ask a question, it is shared in News Feed. If your friends answer or follow that question, it will be shared with their friends and so on.”
Here is why I like Facebook Questions:
1. It is a super easy way to push out content from your Facebook business page. “What should I post?” – this is ALWAYS at the top of mind of any real estate agent who has a Facebook page. As part of your social media plan, incorporate a few questions a week. You could ask questions like:
- Are you planning on moving in the next year? (answers could be: yes, no, maybe_
- What’s the best part of living in (city)? (answers: parks, schools, restaurants, all of the above)
- Do you think the economy is improving? (answers: yes, no, not sure)
2. The nice thing with Facebook Questions is you write the question and the answers. You can opt to have people add more answers, but I personally prefer to set the answers myself.
3. . Facebook Questions are easy for people to answer and share. You typically will have a higher response to a Question than some of your other posts. The more people interact with your page through Questions, comments or liked, the more your OTHER posts will show up in the News Feed. This is a huge benefit.
Here is an example of a simple question we posted on our Inman News Facebook page a few days ago:
You can see from this one question we had 53 people respond!
How do I ask a question through Facebook Questions?
- Select the Question option at the top of your profile, home page, group or Questions page.
- Enter your question.
- Add poll options if you wish. To limit the answers on your poll, you can uncheck the box allowing anyone to add options.
- Click “Ask Question” to share your question.
Pretty simple tool! Are you using Facebook Questions? I’d love your feedback – leave me a comment below!
Written by: Katie Lance, Social Media Director, Inman News, @katielance