Many people are calling March in real estate tech world as “March Madness!” How do you make the most of your time at a conference? What are some apps to make the experience even better?
Here are 7 of my favorite apps for real estate conferences or events:
- AudioBoo – Create an audio recording up to 5 minutes in length – this is fantastic for audio blogging, interviewing a speaker or just audio recording a few key notes you don’t want to forget!
- Lanyrd – Ever wonder when the next big conference is? Lanyrd is a directory of conferences, events and speakers. Visitors can sign in with Twitter to see events their friends are attending or speaking at, submit new events, add talks that they have given and build up their speaker profile. The site also indexes videos, slide decks, audio clips and write-ups of talks given at previous events.
- Foursquare – Definitely a must-have app for a conference. Check in at the location but also the name of the event i.e. “Agent Reboot Phoenix”. Upload photos, share tips, see who has already arrived and have the ability to set up a few lunch meetings!
- Urbanspoon – At a conference you are always looking for a great local restaurant. Urbanspoon is one of my favorite apps to use in a city I am unfamiliar with – see reviews, maps, ratings, cost, and more.
- HootSuite – I am a huge fan of HootSuite. I love being able to save the hashtag of the event so I can easily check out what people are talking about and then retweet and get engaged in what people are talking about. I also love the ability to schedule my tweets – I may choose to not fire off 10 tweets in a row but schedule them out 5 minutes at a time to not annoy anyone! I love of people really like TweetDeck as well – just a personal preference – but one of these is definitely a must-have!
- Facebook – Definitely a “given” app to have on your phone, but at a conference, you can use it to easily upload photos, videos and comments right from your photo to the conference Facebook page. Make sure you save the conference page (i.e. facebook.com/agentreboot) as a “favorite” on your phone so you can get to it right away!
- CardMunch – I just discovered this tonight via Reggie Nicolay – but this is a really awesome app! Take a picture of business cards received and they automatically sync to your iPhone contacts. How cool is that?!
What are your favorite apps? Leave me a comment below so I can add it to my arsenal!
Written by: Katie Lance, Senior Marketing Manager, Inman News, @katielance