We’ve all experienced it. You get in a funk. Nothing seems to be working. You feel like you’re beating your head against a wall, your attitude tanks. You’ve lost your mojo and so you retreat.
OR success after success, like a snowball effect, one thing leads to another. You’re on fire and you can do no wrong! Every time you turn around there are new opportunities landing in your lap seemingly out of nowhere!
Sir Isaac Newton knew a thing or two: His first law of motion states:
An object at rest will stay at rest and conversely, an object in motion will remain in motion, UNLESS compelled to change by another force.
(as defined in Wikipedia)
- A tendency to do nothing or to remain unchanged
- A property of matter by which it continues in its existing state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless that state is changed by an external force
Life can throw some curve balls and take you off track sometimes. Inertia is a natural response when things don’t seem to be going your way. The problem of course is that no momentum can be built in a state of inertia.
Ebb and flow is a natural phenomenon observed in the waves of the ocean, and in all life cycles. We see it in Real Estate all the time. The same is true with business…Eventually the pendulum must swing back.
So how can you kickstart it and create some momentum to get things moving in your favor and create some opportunity?
Start with doing ANYTHING and incorporate these basic principles into your life:
Like attracts like.
- Spend time with other successful people.
- Review last year’s successes; rinse and repeat!
- Shake off any negativity and look for the positive!
Life rewards action.
- Commit to one small step you can make today. Focus on the little step, NOT the overwhelming hill you need to climb. ie: commit to writing one blog post a week or making one call a day to previous clients. Just getting CLEAR can be a step in the right direction.
- FOCUS! Try not to get sidetracked before you accomplish your goal.
- When you’re stuck, getting out for a walk to clear your mind and get you moving is a sure fire way to get you back on track!
The pendulum must swing.
- Remember, this too shall pass. Nothing lasts forever which is great news when you’re in a funk, but kind of a bummer when you’re on a roll.
- Keep getting up. Trick is to enjoy it when things are going well and just breathe and keep moving forward when you’re being sucked back.
- Take the time to learn the lessons.
Don’t take it personally.
Whether you’re enjoying successful momentum or struggling to stay afloat, remember not to take it personally. Remain humble and don’t take yourself too seriously ~ It will be much easier to ride that wave.
Kenji Croman – Hawaiian Photographer and link image to: http://gokenji.com/