We all know that having posts that are timeless is important. You know the ones that people will find year after year and are still relevant, regardless of the topic.
You do know that, right? Well, now you do, if you didn’t already.
There are a number of reasons for doing timeless posts. Here are a few:
- They are relevant and informative for years if written appropriately.
- They continue to get views over the years and potentially drive more traffic to your website.
- They show you are a knowledgeable real estate professional in the area and on that topic.
- You can use them in lots of ways.
Timeless posts can be about a variety of topics: the larger community (Carlsbad); neighborhoods (La Costa); subdivisions or master-planned communities (Bressi Ranch); condo communities (Sanderling); and community amenities including parks, tourist attractions and recreation, and to some extent shopping and dining. Those places do go out of business on occasion, so they may not truly be timeless.
Community and similar localism posts tend to get a lot of traffic. I have a bunch with more than 15,000 clicks since they were first written.
And then there are some posts you write about real estate — the do’s and don’ts, the how’s, the why’s, the buying or selling process, and so on — that can be timeless.
Now that you have those timeless posts, are you using them? Especially the community and neighborhood posts?
These timeless posts can be used in a variety of ways. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Link to them in your market reports.
- Link to the larger community from the smaller community post.
- List them in the descriptions of your YouTube videos about the communities.
- Share them with buyers who are interested in those communities.
- Include them in your relocation package online.
- Share them with sellers when doing your presentation for the listing in the community.
So are you writing timeless posts and using them to your advantage?