Widgets are a great way to add valuable content, increase your credibility, foster engagement and “share-a-bility” of your content, and make your site more interactive with your customers.Widgets are available for use on most WordPress.com and WordPress.org sites.
I am very excited to be giving a special presentation today in Vancouver, BC at Agent Reboot. My presentation is: “Widget Check: Pump Up Your WordPress Website.”
Here are my 9 favorite widgets for WordPress sites:
- Local News: Twitter.com/About/Resources/Widgets
- Lifestyle: WalkScore.com/Services
- Weather: Weather.com/Services/Weather-Gadgets/
- Social Media: ShareThis.com
- Subscribing to Updates: FeedBurner.com
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Badges
- One Phone Number: Google.com/Voice
- Email Newsletters: MailChimp.com
- Entertainment: Frontdoor.com/Buy/HGTV-Frontdoor-Widgets/55667
The best part – these widgets will work on Canadian or U.S. WordPress websites!
In addition, in the U.S., there are some fantastic widgets available from Zillow.com, Trulia.com and AltosResearch.com – all of which have widget options such as: mapping, IDX feeds, data charts, testimonials, featured homes, and more.
What are your favorite widgets? I’d love to hear from you and add to this list. Post your favorites below!
Written by: Katie Lance, Social Media Director, Inman News, @katielance